Saturday, January 5, 2008

Part Time kindergarten teacher

I started planning my holidays straight after exam finished. I planned to spend my first 2 weeks holidays with my mum to do baking together because both of us like baking and since CNY is coming soon, she wanted to bake cookies and shortbreads. However, after i had received a call from my cousin, i think i cant spend much time with her on baking. Here's the contents of the conversation:

Cousin sis : Hey, chui ling, when's ur holidays ya?

Me : My holidays start from 1/1 till 28/1, 3 weeks.

Cousin sis : Oh!! Okay, can u help me to teach at kindergarten for the 3 weeks of ur holiday? I m short of teacher now and when sch reopens, a lots of new students. Can u help me?

Me : Ok, sure.But i can only work for 2 weeks because i ll go for trip during the last week of holiday, is tat alright??

Cousin sis : Sure, it 's ok. Thanks for helping me ya.

My cousin sister and i have a very close and good relationship, so i ll help her whenever she needs help, same as when i need help too. Luckily, my mummy understands well, so she wont blame me for not helping her much in baking,hahas. 3rd of Jan, i started to work. I woke up at 6.30am as my colleague fetched me at 7am and we went for breakfast. Oh, i m so so tired because it's been quite a long time i never wake up such early. We reached kindergarten at 8am. I m teaching the small class. Small class means students in the age of 4. During the first day, a lot of new students cried like a baby when their parents went back. They felt so strange towards their new teacher and new environment. I had to calm them down patiently and try my best to stop them from crying. However, children are cute and innocent to me, the way they talk and act is truest though sometimes they are mischievous and playful. I've taken only a few photos of them because they cant sit properly when i said i want to take a photo from them. Once i had taken out my phone, they will come to me and wanted to play with my phone. I yelled at them" CANNOT, This is teacher's phone!!!" but they still trying to snatch my phone!Nowadays kids are too brave to go against adult.

This picture is not very clear because they keep moving when i said: 1,2,3 SMILE!!

I asked 3 of them to show "peace" but only one managed to do it well.



Close up photos. Cute and adorable students~~


not forget to introduce this twins brothers, i can't recognize who is the elder one and who is the younger Confusing**

There is no teaching in first week, teacher will accompany students playing in order to let them know their teacher well and adapt themselves to the new environment.



Playing session.Who can make the highest stack of blocks? You guys can see how earnest they were when they determined to do something.



Almost done in just a few minutes and the champion is :

DENG DENG DENG DENG
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Goh xin er, showing her masterpiece proudly.

First runner up-mao zhi, he is so shy during photo shooting session.He shared his joy with his new friend.

The second runner-up. you xuan. He is kinda sad cos he got the shortest but don give up ya, keep your hard work and one day you will achieve to the highest point.


"Dong!Dong!Dong!Dong" the clock struck 4 times, time to go back home!! Kids are extremely happy as they flew to their parents when saw them. I was extremely exhausted working for all day long, i miss my bed badly! Tomorrow is another day which i also have to wake up early yet i feel pleasant when i see their naive smile =)

2 comments:

kar lai@jolene said...

wow...kindergarden..haha...wat a cool experience..wat if they ter-shit?? haha...u hv to clean it too??

anyway nice experience..find u for sharing some day ya..hehe...

hsienyun said...

haha...wish our trip can go ya...i started to grow mushroom d...